Neil Dennis ist verstorben

Ganzheitlich geplante Beweidung
Antworten
Manfred
Site Admin

Neil Dennis ist verstorben

Beitrag von Manfred »

Diese Woche ist Neil Dennis, einer der bekannten Pioniere des ultra high stock density grazing, leider viel zu früh verstorben.

Hier der Nachruf, den Grabe Brown heute veröffentlicht hat:

"As many of you are aware, my dear friend, Neil Dennis, passed away this week. As I thought about all that he meant to me, I wanted to share my fondest memory of him.
Back in December of 2006 (It may have been 2005), I was asked to speak at the Manitoba Forage workshop in Brandon, Manitoba. As soon as I finished speaking this short, stocky (looked like me) bald man came up to me and got right in my face. He was obviously very excited. The first words out of his mouth were, "You have to come up to my room and see what I'm doing!" I remember immediately thinking, "Whoa! Dude, I don't know you and there is no way I am coming up to your room!" But Neil was persistent and he proceeded to inform me how he was running yearlings at ultra high stock density, moving them multiple times per day thus growing soil. Needless to say, he peaked my interest and I relented and went to his room. Once there, he opened his laptop and proceeded to show me all that he was doing. The ultra-high stock density, the multiple moves, the resulting increased forage production and the soil, WOW the soil!
Barb had been sitting patiently by but at nearly 2 in the morning she spoke up, "Gabe, can I have your room key? It is obvious that you two are going to be here a while and I need to get some sleep!" To this day that is the only time a woman has asked for the key to my room!
Neil ended the night by inviting me up to Sunnybrae that spring to see for myself. I took him up on that and spent a wonderful spring day in 2006 following Neil around on a quad, watching and observing all he did and saw. We ended the day looking at the soil. WOW WHAT SOIL! He was dramatically growing topsoil. I knew I needed to adopt his practices.
As I drove home, I distinctly remember crossing the border and it hit me like a ton of bricks. What Neil was doing on pasture was the missing link on cropland! We had to integrate high stock density grazing on cropland in order to regenerate cropland soils.
The rest is history.
Rest in Peace My Friend, I am forever in your debt. You have made a dramatic difference on this world.

Gabe"

Manfred
Site Admin

Re: Neil Dennis ist verstorben

Beitrag von Manfred »

Zwei meiner Lieblingsszenen mit Neil:

Manfred
Site Admin

Re: Neil Dennis ist verstorben

Beitrag von Manfred »

Wie Neil Dennis heim Holistic Management gelandet ist:

https://holisticmanagement.org/holistic ... rae-farms/